Click to see (you must be logged in):
The 2020 Labor Research and Action Network (LRAN) National Conference will be held March 12th at Morehouse College, co-hosted by the Morehouse College International Comparative Labor Studies Department. On March 13th, the Jobs With Justice National Conference, located at the Atlanta Convention Center, will include an LRAN track of workshops. Scholars, labor practitioners, and activists from across the country will converge in Atlanta, GA to share new ideas and lessons learned, and connect around research and campaign work. As we gather in the space of an historically black college and university in the South, we hope this conference is an opportunity to develop a proactive strategy that amplifies voices that have historically not had a place or priority at the table. We hope to learn from the unique challenges faced by organizers and researchers in the South and in Right-to-Work states, including from active campaigns in the Atlanta area.
In light of the 100th Anniversary of industrial labor relations in the United States, LRAN invites participants from universities, unions, worker centers, and policy centers across the U.S. to submit workshop proposals that focus especially on:
- ‘What do we want? When do we want it?’ Who is included in labor and what is the future of work after 100 Years of the field of Industrial Relations
- ‘Ain’t I A Worker:’ Confronting Systemic Identity Erasure and Exclusion in Building Intersectional Solidarities
- Activism and the Labor Movement: New Labor Energy and Whole-Worker Organizing
- Workplace Democracy: Comparative models for worker voice and participation
- Labor policy and labor law reform in our current political atmosphere
- Expanded bargaining – bargaining in vertically disintegrated workplaces
Workshop submissions are due by January 3rd, 2020. Proposals are being collected through this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ETIC-YhCO-H3JlHE-UHR0jYG0_Aasjcc23v5LMbyEZ0/viewform?edit_requested=true
LRAN conference attendees are encouraged to join the Jobs With Justice National Conference, which will be held March 13th-15th at the Atlanta Convention Center. The 13th will include LRAN workshops. Registration for the JWJ conference requires an additional fee. Please indicate in the form if you are only able to attend the LRAN conference on the 12th.