LERA 67th Annual Meeting, May 28-31, 2015, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Labor relations play an integral role in the fabric of society. Listen and meet the influential voices on the topics of minimum wage, immigration, worker rights, and other workplace policies.
50 sessions focus on the continuing evolution of workplace relations from all perspectives: labor, management, government, policy makers, arbitrators, and mediators. LERA specializes in connecting all stakeholders with research and experiences from in the workplace.
Featured Plenary Speaker
President of the United Steelworkers and vice president of the AFL-CIO, Gerard focused the United Steelworkers (USW) on strategic contract bargaining in paper, steel, rubber and other key sectors, while at the same time fighting unfair trade and building clout through political action and domestic and international alliances.
Meet the Author
Michael Piore author of the seminal work "Birds of Passage" and the impact of migrant labor in Industrial Societies
Voices From the Evolving Workplace Featuring
• James (Jimmy) Settles, Jr., UAW National Ford Department
• Bill Dirksen, Ford Motor Co.
Visit www.leraweb.org/67thannualmtg to register and for the full program.
Other sessions of interest:
• International Perspectives on Vulnerable Workers
• An Open Forum on Sharing and Reusing Social Science Data
• The Changing Workplace in Public Schools
• Work in a Democratic Society
Federal Mediation and Conciliation Services training sessions
• How Technology and Labor Relations Might Work Together
• The New Generation of Alternative Bargaining Models
• The Case Study of Elliott Turbine and the Steelworkers
• Labor Dispute Systems Design and Capacity Building Abroad